Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

TF2 Help us plan TF2 nights - helpers and opinions needed!

Discussion in 'Server Chat' started by hyp3rstrike, Apr 14, 2015.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Hey guys! We're looking for some input on how to make our TF2 nights better. Lately, things have been a bit uneventful (only word I have to describe it, lol) in regards to our weekly TF2 events and I think we need some fresh ideas.

Admittedly, I haven't promoted the events as much as I should be as I'm finding my schedule is becoming increasingly full nowdays. Perhaps we could get a few helpers from here, helping to promote the events via social media etc?

I guess what we're looking for right now is some direct feedback from those who are attending. What can we do to make it... better? (think of the dude from Stargate when you see 'better')

So tell us: how can we improve TF2 nights? what don't you like about TF2 nights? Anything you can share!

2. Spikey

Spikey New Member

Well for one lets build a giant structure under ground and go from there.

Lurchibald likes this.
  3. Lurchibald

Lurchibald New Member

Let's build a vault.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  4. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Of course you'd say that, vaultboy!

Lurchibald likes this.
  5. Lurchibald

Lurchibald New Member

*whistle's nonchalantly*

6. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

Mostly I hate how completely incompetent I am, but there's not much you can do about that unless you wanna buy me better weapons. XD

I think the teams get unbalanced, I'm not afraid to admit I'm a n00b and when I'm on a team with one other, versus 3 highly experienced players, I really stop having fun. I think we just need to be a bit more aware of player skill levels. One of the reasons I don't play games like TF2 very often is because I am out-gunned (all puns intended) and regular servers don't give a crap. I'd love to see ours become a bit more known for actually taking that into consideration, particularly among members.

Also different maps? - what happened to the suggestions we made last week? I"m really interested in that medieval level, if only to give it a try. More variety would be awesome, although I understand we're limited to what's available. Also I do like the idea of the melee only thing we were doing the other week, but we'd need to limit it to basic weapons for everyone so we're on even keel there.

Other than that the only thing we really can do is to continue to advertise it on Steam and on Facebook. Making sure we advertise the next even on the Tuesday night, maybe with more of the ScreenShot images as promos. Means maybe offering some incentive for the best screenshot of the night maybe?

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  7. Lurchibald

Lurchibald New Member

I have a bunch of extra weapons you can have. Add me on steam and I'll give you what I can spare.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  8. MeaKitty

Staff Member

That would be awesome @Lurchibald. I haven't played much at all so one of my huge frustrations is that I have piddly little basic weapons while everyone's running around with uber weapons.

9. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Hah, paying for weapons? Yeah, probably not. Most of the weapon drops are shit anyway - but that's coming from someone who played TF2 before the drops, before it went F2P.

I might see about implementing an executable config (or even just disabling it entirely) to disable team selection and only allow random assignment. I'll look into that this week.

I only received a response from yourself on the maps thing. I'm still waiting for more input from everyone else. Once I've got enough input for that, I can throw a config together and wack it on the server quickitysplit.

I like the idea of the best screenshot of the night. That could make for some very interesting lols. Maybe player of the week in Steam group?

10. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

I have some spare stuff lying around too.

11. Lurchibald

Lurchibald New Member

+1 on the medieval map, that can be fun! :D

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  12. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Any more suggestions on maps? I need more than one to go on :p

13. MeaKitty

Staff Member

FYI: Anyone object to me uploading some of the TF2 from the other night?

14. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Not at all. You recorded it?

15. MeaKitty

Staff Member

Yeah, was messing with my streaming software on my new PC. Not sure how well it's going to turn out though.

16. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

Just sayin', I'm terrible at tf2, and actually dislike the game most of the time, the only time i'd play it is with biohaze peeps. sorry if i murder with heavy spam :p

17. MeaKitty

Staff Member

Dude, nowhere near as terrible as I am, and I'm in the same boat. Only playing on BGN servers for the fun of it. Wouldn't dream of playing anywhere else.

18. MeaKitty

Staff Member

#TF2uesday tonight? I really want to record something... and have it work. D:< TF2+TS3?

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  19. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Yeah, TF2 tonight. I've just forgotten to put up the event. My bad. (should really get someone else to do those)

20. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Alright. So last night, we didn't really have a turnout. It was just @MeaKitty and I, albeit I suspect @BlindSquirrel came on later in the evening (when it was 8pm for him) but we'd already given up.

From the feedback I got last night from a few people, it seems the event might be too frequent and hosted on a bad night.

So, what are the thoughts on the following:
    • Move the event night to Friday Nights, rename the event to Team Fortress Friday with a slightly later start (to allow @BlindSquirrel to join - he's in WA)
    • Fortnightly instead of weekly?
    • Alternating event for the week to break it up a bit?
    Tag: @InfernoPanda @Taxa @BlindSquirrel @MeaKitty @AnubicDarque @PyroClysm @shadowsquall19 @Ganglius @Lurchibald @Zaxara @RaptorShadow