Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

NBN announces their rollout plan for next three years

Discussion in 'Technology' started by hyp3rstrike, Oct 16, 2015.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

NBNco has announced their proposed construction plan for NBN services over the next three years.

Up until now, most of the rollout has been Fibre to the Home (FTTH) which is the full run of fibre cabling direct to the home to allow for speeds up to 100mbps.

The change in government saw the introduction/proposal of Fibre to the Node, which is effectively the same as a Telstra RIM, with fibre cabling running to a cabinet and then copper wiring for the last mile to customer premises with a max capacity of 25mbps.

Now it seems that both FTTN and Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) services are taking its place to roll out the network much faster.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/learn-about-the-nbn/three-year-construction-plan.html

2. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

I was a little worried as my suburb wasn't on the list until 2018 D:.
    Buuut looking more into it this list doesn't include services already being built, so it's still coming to me in the next month or so. :D

3. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

You'd wanna check with your selected provider on what 'service class' your address is listed as, as this determines if orders can be placed.

4. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

I'm going to go with Internode.
    What do you mean by 'service class'?

5. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Service class is the status of the address.