Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Pro Wrestling: The Official Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hyp3rstrike, Apr 11, 2013.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Think of this thread as 'anything wrestling,' be it discussions on bygone eras to current seasons or the differences.

If you're a wrestling fan of old then post here. If you still watch it, post here. If you play the games, post in the games thread, not here. :p

Note: Inb4 anyone posts about wrestling be fake, not a real sport etc - Yes we know ;) its still far more entertaining than real sport :p

2. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

3. DrZomby

Epic Member

Scripts. Nothing but the scripts.

4. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

In my opinon, I can't seem to find dumb brutes beating each other senseless according to a script to be entertaining. And they are not very good actors in the first place.

5. Flamebomber

Epic Member

Wrestling was a huge part of my childhood and i'll always have fond memories of it, But i think I've grown out of it. I still watch it from time to time but i don't see myself getting back into it, especially with the current state of the WWE

6. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Yeah, the WWE isn't what it used to be. It has some great talent at the moment, but a lot of them just aren't getting pushed.

That isn't to say that WWE isn't good, because its still quite entertaining, but whoever's pulling the strings in terms of character development and booking matches needs to be fired.

7. DrZomby

Epic Member

My ideal form of wrestling.

[​IMG]

8. VynaNyx

VynaNyx Member

I always imagined wrestling to be better soap operas. I kinda miss the batshit insane crazy things they use to do back in the prime of Undertaker, Kane, Mankind, and others. Back when heels were like comic book villains and faces were the speedo wearing heros. The stories they have today or just...lacking and I can't be the only one who is sick of seeing john cena's face.

9. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

No, you and the entirety of the Internet are sick of seeing John Cena's face and as a face. The problem is he is to far built into his persona as a good guy that its almost impossible for him to do a heel turn, or if they did, it would be as effective as Bobby Backlund doing a heel turn.

The storylines in wrestling today aren't all that bad. For example, the TNA vs Aces and Eights storyline in the TNA promotion is quite interesting albeit a tad predicable - but as for the WWE storylines, you can thank Vinnie Mac for that.

10. Ddraig

Ddraig Sometimes here
    Epic Member

WWE, it's a soap opera for men. I still watch it and have since the days of WCW, WWF. But agree Cena is a bit much.

11. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

I think you'd like Ring of Honor. ROH used to be an independently owned federation before being sold to the Sinclair Broadcast group.

Despite being sold, their product hasn't changed. Still providing excellent quality wrestling shows, but with a higher production value. Stars like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles started in ROH and have started making their way back there.

Main reason is that TNA is going up the shitter and WWE is a bitch to work for, because to get to WWE main roster now, you need to go through developmental territory NXT, which is a bit of a slap in the face to most industry vets.

12. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

So, dat Kevin Owens... Kicking the shit out of Super Cena at Elimination Chamber.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk