Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma

Discussion in 'Technology' started by hyp3rstrike, Nov 2, 2014.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

The Razer Blackwidow Ultimate RGB backlit keyboard, dubbed "Chroma", is the one of the first in Razer's product line to receive the RGB backlit treatment (followed by the Kraken, Naga and others). On the surface, its a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 using Razer's own brand of Mechanical Keyboard Switches.

Previously, Razer used CherryMX switches made in Germany by the Cherry corporation. Razer boasts that their new self-branded switches are intended for gamers as the actuation point (the point where the key registers its been pressed) is lower than CherryMX, meaning various things like double tapping takes less effort.

This video details the difference between all of CherryMX's switches, for those interested. I recently learned there is actually a science behind keyboards...

Release in Australia
    The Blackwidow Chroma was revealed in August and released in the United States in September, with an expected Australian/UK release date in come in November. However, after looking at Razer Store, EB Games and PCCG, it seems that an official Australian release date has been pushed back to December.

That said though, I've found two stores who have stock and ship within a few business days and thus circumventing the imposed release delay in Australia. I've ordered mine, and I may review it once I get it.
    http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Keyboards/Mechanical/56771-RZ-BW-CHROMA
    http://www.mwave.com.au/product/razer-blackwidow-chroma-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-ab57791

2. Awsomonium

Epic Member

My Blackwidow Ultimate just has green, but that's cool, cause i'm going for a green aesthetic set up.

Though I'd like a board that can switch between quiet keys and the regular mechanical ones.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  3. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Have you thought about installing o-rings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Awsomonium

Epic Member

Nice idea, i might try it.

5. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

New keyboard arrived yesterday. Absolutely love it (those who have my on Facebook would know this).

One thing I discovered is that certain media outlets with review units have been put on embargo with no ETA (meaning they can't publish the review until Razer say so). I'm not going to have that problem. ;)

6. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member