Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Mobile What are your favourite mobile games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hyp3rstrike, Jan 28, 2014.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Thread title speaks for itself. What are you favourite mobile games? (iOS, Android, Windows Phone *lol*, Blackberry etc).

2. BlindSquirrel

Epic Member

Hill Climb Racing has had me coming back every so often for a long time now. I have the rally car maxed out and on the highway can get it to 9km.
    I've just picked up a cheap 8" tablet which had Zombie Tsunami loaded on it. A fun little distraction in the vein of Jetpack Joyride.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  3. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

Android Tablet:

Beat Hazard
    By Cold Powered Games: Ported from the PC version originally available on Steam, and 'tweaked' to do the same thing on mobile, basically you play a spaceship and the enemies are generated to the intensity of the music, while your LAZZORS AND SCHIZ fire to the beat. http://www.coldbeamgames.com/ - this one I keep coming back to time and time again.

Quadropus Rampage By Butterscotch Shenanigans: "Quadropus Rampage is an Endless Roguelike that casts you, the player, as an enraged, four-legged cephalopod. It is your quest to reach the bottom of the ocean and destroy Pete, the evil god of the sea, before his army of abyssal creatures can overtake the ocean" It's a little hack'n'slash and the upgrades take time, but it's replayable for sure. Also the guys that made it are a couple of US brothers, and a friend of their's. One of them, Sam, is going through Cancer treatment so I'm not sure if the game still costs a dollar or two, but if it does it's totally worth it to help him out and show support. I've hung around with these guys in some of their streams, and both of them are awesome guys who listen to their fans. So much so that one of the character's skins (which you can unlock for ingame coins) was designed because I pestered them to make it as a joke. They liked it so much they put it in the update. Definitely worth the investment: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bscotch.quadropus

Beyond that I tend to get sucked up into games that just require some grinding. Dragon Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story... pleh. Fiance likes them, so I join to help her out and then my interest fizzles out. Latest one is Butterfly Sanctuary though, and it's actually rather beautiful. Just gotta to summon eggs, feed the caterpillars, and then collect honeydew from the butterflies which you then use to buy upgrades and such. Kills time. Also Words with Friends (Username is MeaKitty (or if you have me on facebook I play through there) if anyone wants to hunt me down and start a game with me).

Android Phone
    Again, Quadropus Rampage, I play it on both devices, though the one issue is that despite them both being linked to my google account the achievements and progress from one don't port over to the other. Which sucks, but gives me twoce the challences.

Robot Unicorn Attack 2 by Adult Swim: This one is port from the website's flash game on to the Android OS. Basically you just play a Robot Unicorn and run from one side of the map as far as you can towards the other. Has 2 teams, Rainbows and Inferno (Demon Unicorns), and there are Daily Challenges and such. Basic levelling up is done by completing tasks and earning stars, made easier by the fact you can use the things you collect (dew drops?) to buy upgrades, but they're not necessary. You can play it easily enough without the upgrades and save your points for something spectacular. Or not. You can just play to actually play. Either way is fine. Again, time waster. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pikpok.rua2

Dead Trigger 2 by Madfinger Games: Zombpocalypse, you're a survivor, you join up with other survivors, go on missions, contribute to the planet as a whole. There are world events, special tasks, things to do outside of the linear "survive from point a to point b, end of mission, congrats, next mission" type gameplay. There are side-tasks and upgrades too, better weapons and bombs and chickens... chickens are a huge thing in this game, they have Kamikaze Chickens too. o_O; I actually haven't participated in one of the weekend events yet, so I'm not sure how they work or if they're any good. I just play it here and there when I feel like FPSing something in the face. It's good for that. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madfingergames.deadtrigger2

Also play Solitare and Majong on my phone. >.> Used to have Suduko too... wonder where that went. Hmm...

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  4. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

I enjoy the Android version of Beat Hazard over Steam. Twinstick controls feel more natural.

5. MeaKitty

Staff Member

You know BH on the PC has an option to use a controller, right? Standard xBox or other variation, can adjust it in the options menu. Only way to play it really.

Sent from my phone using @hyp3rstrike's stupid Tapatalk app. =P

6. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Don't have an Xbox/PC controller. Could use PS3 but CBF.

7. cvance2387

cvance2387 New Member

For Android I enjoy Robot Unicorn Attack 2 and Ticket To Ride, Ticket To Ride is my all time favorite board game and the mobile version is really well put together.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  8. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

... i don't really play games on my phone.... the only one i really played is final fantasy 3

9. BlindSquirrel

Epic Member

I've recently been obsessed with a simple little numbers game called 2048 where you have a 4x4 grid that keeps adding either a 2 or 4 and you've got to put the matching numbers together to get their sum. I've only beaten it once in about 2 weeks.

10. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

I've been playing a game called Meow Meow Star Acres.
    Lol.
    Don't judge me!

shadowsquall19 and hyp3rstrike like this.
  11. MeaKitty

Staff Member

~judges yooooooooooooooou~

12. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

you are playing what?! you should be ashamed.

jk.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  13. BlindSquirrel

Epic Member

I've recently been engrossed in a game called Dungeon Boss. You start off with one hero and gather more, fighting through dungeons and leveling up their skills and stats; at the end of each dungeon you're given a chest that is either wood (crap), silver (pretty crap but passable), gold (good) and purple (great); the wooden ones have no hero tokens but the others have increasing numbers. As you get higher levels, more modes unlock like having your own dungeon with a team of heros defending it from PVP attacks, and you can attack others.
    There are a couple of heroes that are OP (I F'n hate facing IGOROK) but they are hard to get as there is an element of luck involved in spending gems and scrolls on visiting the summoning portals, you can either get tokens to unlock the heroes or unlock them outright.

You've got your standard fire, water, nature heroes that are good & bad against two other types (e.g. Fire type does extra damage against Nature and takes reduced damage as well but takes more dmg from Water/Ice type and doesn't put much hurt om them). Then there are dark vs light that hurt each other but take (& deal) normal damage from everyone else.

Each Hero has their own traits as well as type and attack skills.

good times.

hyp3rstrike likes this.